Tags: Adam Sandler, Amy Pascal, Angelina Jolie, barack Obama, Kim Jong-un, North Korea, Sony, The Interview
Posted in PokerKnave's Blog | No Comments
Got to give it to North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un, he can certainly punch above his weight! At the moment he is TELLING the White House staff that they are out of order accusing North Korea of launching a cyber attack on Sony Pictures. North Korean announcers then THREATENED the Americans that they will not tolerate any false accusations and want a joint investigation.
Well that seems fair enough given that there is no evidence put forward that North Korea has actually hacked Sony except that the film which was the ‘CAUSE’ of the attacked was about Kim Jong-un! So circumstantial evidence is not enough and with Americas recent record for jumping off a cliff and into armed conflict based on dodgy evidence still fresh in the mind, this is not a good sign.
However, unlike Iraq North Korea kind of welcome direct conflict as they have no issue with their tactics which is basically drop an atomic bomb on South Korea if it all ‘kicks off’. They will also would like to drop bombs on US but that will be difficult. All in all North Korea is like a ‘short stack’ poker player who will go all in with a half decent hand. So far it has worked for them.
So while the politics maybe high brow the method used by North Korea are strictly easy to understand and the hassle it has caused in US cultural establishment has been hilarious to witness. Here are some of the highlights:
- The big one. Sony will not or they will show the film in question. They have blamed the cinemas and anyone else for not or maybe showing The Interview. Maybe it will be the first time the Hollywood chattering classes will want to see a pirate copy of the film go public.
- Angelina Jolie is a brat with no talent according to Sony and Scott Rudin the producer.
- Barack Obama likes films with black actors.
- Amy Pascal, a Sony big boss is a racist. She thinks Barack Obama ‘race’ is funny.
- George Clooney hates criticism of his acting.
- Princess Beatrice earns $30,000 per year. What she does for the money is not very clear?
- Adam Sandler makes “mundane, formulaic…. films” according to Sony executives.
- Amy Pascal reckons Adam Sandler is a asshole.
- Women still get less money than men for working on the same films. In fact sexism is full on at Sony.
- Denzel Washington should not get lead parts because he is black and the world do not go to films in which blacks are the lead part.
So all in all black women will get the worst parts and the worst money as a rule and it has nothing to do with talent or skill. With all that has happened this has opened the world of executive decision making and how personal ‘taste’ colours everything even at the top of the corporate food chain. The people behind the hack have done a good thing in a way as it given the ordinary plebs an insight into the movers and shakers of western culture.